Sunday, August 24, 2008

My lover spoke and said to me, "Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me." (Song of Songs 2:10-13)

The Beloved continues.

Winter - the Hebrew is cethav - is ended. Cethav was the season of hiding. The cold and rain took us inside.

The Lover invites us to enjoy the exterior world in all is sights, scents, and sound.

It is a fertile world. The vines blossom with the promise of grapes. From the grapes we might make wine and raisins.

Of the wine and raisins we may partake in the winters yet to come as the seasons turn in their cycle.

But today the Lover offers, "come with me" into the warmth and delight of this bright day.

No comments: