Friday, September 19, 2008

Where has your lover gone, most beautiful of women? Which way did your lover turn, that we may look for him with you? My lover has gone down to his garden, to the beds of spices, to browse in the gardens and to gather lilies. I am my lover's and my lover is mine; he browses among the lilies. (Song of Songs 6:1-3)

The Beloved asks her friends for help finding the Lover. They ask where they might best begin looking. She responds by telling them precisely where to find him.

It is not uncommon for me to seek the help of others despite knowing precisely what is needed and having the ability to do it alone.

Often I do not act as I know is needed out of fear of failure, but I may also delay seeking the companionship of others. Knowing where to find Love does not always take me there.

No comments: